Junior Research Associate – Research
Maguire Associates, Inc., an education research and consulting firm located in Concord, MA, is seeking a junior research associate. The junior research associate supports project management of surveys through data collection, data processing and tabular analysis. The associate assists with preparation of written reports and PowerPoint presentations, with a primary focus on quality and accuracy of data. Required skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and SPSS proficiency.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborating with senior research associates on survey design, drafting invitations, sample design, development of data collection methods, etc.;
- Programming online surveys and managing data collection;
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of data processing, cleaning, and coding of open ended data using SPSS and Excel;
- Scheduling focus groups and corresponding with participants and facility managers;
- Occasionally conducting phone interviews with students and/or parents;
- Developing strategies to increase response rates;
- Acting as liaison with approved outside vendors for printing, mailing, and data entry (if applicable);
- Contributing to innovations in data collection, analysis and reporting.
Background in quantitative research and statistical methods highly desirable. Experience with market research, social media or higher education helpful. Master’s degree preferred. Maguire Associates is an equal opportunity employer offering a collegial environment. Salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please e-mail Dawn Provost at email@example.com.