Higher education is a continuously and rapidly evolving market. Are you able to keep pace?
Trying to grasp the latest trends at your own institution can be challenging enough, not to mention the overwhelming task of measuring the pulse of the market as a whole. Your institution’s ability to discern the direction and rate of change is critical for making the best decisions about institutional strategy. You need sound feedback about the current and future state of your particular markets. You need to know what matters, and you need to know why.
We’ll work with you to develop a set of questions that will get right to the heart of your toughest challenges and your deepest inquiries. We can help, whether it’s understanding how students and their families choose a college in today’s dynamic environment, learning more about what makes students successful, determining how best to connect with alumni, or something that is entirely unique to your institution.
A few considerations:
- Do you offer an academic program portfolio that speaks to the market?
- What are your institution’s brand strengths and weaknesses?
- What do your admission staff and faculty need to know to be effective recruiters?
- What is the right price for your institution, and what are the implications of making a tuition change?
- How can you develop successful recruiting strategies to shape your class?
We’ve helped over 400 colleges and universities across the country answer these questions by applying a unique combination of practical experience and deep analytical know-how. Our market research services cover the following areas:
- Brand perceptions, positioning, and competitive assessment
- Communications preferences and message testing
- Pricing research
- Application and enrollment drivers across the admissions funnel
- Identification and exploration of new markets
- Market characteristics for academic programs
- Student success: retention, completion, and satisfaction
- Alumni engagement and giving