Strategic Pricing and Forecasting
To help institutions determine if their tuition and fees are set appropriately to optimize market position and net tuition revenue, we:
- Review past planning documents, statistical analyses, and external/internal reports, and conduct interviews with several senior members of the community;
- Identify an agreed-upon set of benchmark institutions and analyze current pricing and yield relative to cross-applications, admits, and enrollment;
- Apply predictive modeling to determine the effect of various price changes on a variety of criteria, such as class size, gender balance, geographic reach, diversity, and net total revenue.
Based on our analysis and modeling, we will deliver:
- Findings on the current performance of the institution relative to the competitive set;
- Scenarios illustrating the effect of different pricing/discount rate options on class size, gender balance, geographic reach, diversity, and net total revenue;
- Recommendations for near- and longer-term pricing changes.
We can also work with you on an implementation program that includes activities, schedules, and measured outcomes.
Key outcomes addressed:
- Optimal pricing and discount levels
- Increased revenue
- Improved net tuition per student